Labels have been around for many years. The hieroglyphs in ancient Egyptian tombs, the petroglyphs in caves used by the early people, and other things that are either etched in stone or painted in cave wall; these are all examples of labels meant for different purposes.
Today, we can see labels practically in almost everything around us: in pill bottles, grocery items, electronic products, many others. The various applications of labels only point to the obvious fact that they play a great role in the way we live on a daily basis.
That is why products such as label printer and the labels themselves are in demand in hundreds of technologies. Learn the most common industries that use labels and the importance of labels in our modern world.
Common uses and benefits of labels
Labels, as mentioned, are used in a wide range of applications that span various industries. Here are some of the most common applications of labels as well as their benefits:
- Electrical appliances and equipment. Electricity is one of the most common hazards that we all face every day. For this reason, labels on electrical appliances and equipment that use electricity can be a life-saver, especially for those who are clueless about their potential hazards.
- Warehouses. Warehouse labeling is critical in keeping things organized, improving employee efficiency, eliminating human errors, and keeping processes as efficient as possible. Given the sheer number of items that a typical warehouse house, one can only imagine many benefits that warehouse workers and owners owe to labels.
- Hazardous materials/chemicals. Just like electricity, hazardous materials and chemicals could also pose a serious threat to the safety of everyone handling them. For this reason, almost all of the labels used in such applications are in bold and large letters and colour combinations that can be easily read even from a distance.
- Medicines and food industry. The U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for example, have very specific and strict rules concerning the labelling of products in the food and drug industry. Labels in food items, for one, must contain vital information such as the number of calories, serving size, and percent daily value. These pieces of information allow consumers to make informed decisions on how much of certain products they should only eat per serving, the nutrients that their body needs, and the things that they should avoid or take in moderation.
- Laboratories. Laboratories extensively use labels for the different apparatuses used by scientists, medical technologists, and other specialists. Among others, autoclaves, vials, slides, and tubes have labels on them for proper identification, safety, and care by lab personnel.
- Electronics. Electronic appliances such as laptops, desktop computers, smartphones, TV sets, and the like all use labels. Even internal components such as circuit boards have labels on them and not just the exterior parts of the electronic appliance they are a part of.
With these various applications and benefits, it’s only wise to invest in a label printer and label materials for use in your laboratory, facilities, items, or products. This way, you can customize your own labels to suit your specific needs. There are reliable suppliers and manufacturers of label printers in Singapore and other countries, so this should be an easy task to accomplish on your end.